Love doughnuts? Love Matcha? Well then these glazed Matcha Doughnuts are for you. Crisp on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, all enrobed in that glorious emerald glaze. Um, YUM!!
Healthy too! A delicious treat that's easy to make and much lower in fat and sugar than coffee shop doughnuts. The icing on top? Every bite is packed with energy that will help you combat those 3pm blues!
Ready to get your dough on?
THESE MATCHA DOUGHNUTS ARE:
- Full of delicious veggies!
- Perfectly sweet
For the doughnuts
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ tbsp of baking powder
- ½ tbsp of Teangle Matcha for Recipes
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup of spinach
- ½ cup of plant-based milk
- ¼ cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of oil
For the icing
- 1 cup of white chocolate (vegan if possible)
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a mold of 6 donuts.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, Matcha and salt. Reserve.
- In a blender, puree the spinach, milk, honey, vanilla, vinegar and oil.
- Add to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Transfer the doughnut dough to a plastic bag or a pastry bag. Cut off the end and divide the doughnut dough between the 6 cavities.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the tip of a knife stuck in a doughnut comes out clean. Let cool.
- To make the frosting, combine chocolate and coconut oil. Melt in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Once the donuts are warm, dip each doughnut in the icing. Sprinkle with Matcha powder and lilac flowers.
Going to make these Glazed Matcha Doughnuts?! Take a picture, share it on Instagram and tag us @teanglematcha